2.14.2011

A Brief Wintry Wonderland

Yes, it's true.  Tonight, I'm sitting on the couch with the patio door open, enjoying a day that was 75 degrees.  Last week, though was a different story.  On Wednesday, we had an ice storm, when I saw no less than 6 accidents on my way to work.  I woke up Wednesday morning at 5:30 like I always do, and checked the outside temperature because it had been raining all night.  At that point, it was still 48 degrees.  By the time I left for school at 6:30, it was 32, and by the time my car slid into the school parking lot, it was down to 19 (and still raining).  Crazy weather.

The weekend before that, we actually had an ice storm which turned into a real, live, school-canceling, work-canceling, SNOW DAY!!!!  IN CENTRAL TEXAS!!!!!!!!!  I was ecstatic about this, because I do occasionally miss those northern blizzards.  This was the first time that Miss Lady was able to play in the snow, and she didn't really know what to make of it.  She walked outside the apartment the first thing that morning, went down the first two steps, and then just stopped and stared at the white stuff on the ground, and looked back at us, as if to say "Well, now what're you going to do about this?  This is not a part of my morning routine."

Here's a few pictures from that morning...not real exciting, but at least they do prove that the snow actually existed:









And now, ten days later, I'm going to go find my bathing suit so that I can go for a swim tomorrow after work!  Ok...not really, because being inside all winter has not helped my pasty-whiteness, but maybe once a I gain a little color back I'll hit the pool.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment